BREAD San Francisco Sourdough
If you crave sourdough bread from San Francisco, our San Francisco Sourdough Starter Culture is the perfect sourdough starter for you!
- Storage: Store in a cool, dry place | Unit Dimensions: 3.875 x 6.188 x 1.625 inches | Unit Net Weight: 0.19 oz.
- Dietary Information: Manufactured in a facility that processes products containing gluten. Non-GMO.
- Cultures at room temperature, 70º-85ºF.
- Activate using white flour and unchlorinated, unfluoridated water (bottled spring water).
- Once activated, feed your starter using 1 part starter, 1 part water, and 2 parts flour daily for frequent use or weekly, if baking infrequently.
- Instructions for using this sourdough starter are included and can be found here.
- Having trouble activating your sourdough starter? Browse our Sourdough Troubleshooting Articles or contact us for assistance.
Our San Francisco Sourdough Starter Culture contains Lactobacillus sanfranciscensis bacteria and wild yeast Candida humilis, giving this sourdough starter that famous San Francisco taste. Use it to make sourdough bread, chocolate chip sourdough cookies, and a wide variety of other sourdough baked goods.
San Francisco Sourdough Starter Instructions and Troubleshooting
- Dried sourdough starter cultures can be ready to create baked goods within 3-5 days.
- Sourdough starters culture at room temperature, 70-85ºF.